Facade greening as flowered areas
Vivid facade greening beautifully embeds the building into its surroundings. Our feathered friends will enjoy it too. Behind the dense shoots and growths can be many a bird’s nest. As not every climbing plant is suitable for every façade, and not every lattice is suitable for every climbing plant, it is advisable to consult experts on the matter. This pre-emptively eliminates potential risks, and nothing will stand in the way of the embellishment of the building.
The following collection of Internet links was selected as an example and does not claim to be complete.
Overview and tips:
- General information, advantages and use, types of facade greening (self-bonders/climbers vs. living walls), links to videos and to a photo contest:
Stadt Wien, Gute Gründe für grüne Wände (www.wien.gv.at)
- Technical, product-independent consultancy, greening check, information on executing companies, workshops, and lectures (links also available in English):
Innovationslabor GRÜNSTATTGRAU (gruenstattgrau.at)
- Vienna-specific information and consultancy, info events, exchange of experiences:
GB*, Begrünte Fassaden (www.gbstern.at)
- Types of façade greening, factors determining choice of plants, planting and care:
Stadt Winterthur: Bauen mit der Natur - Fassadenbegrünung (PDF)
- Best-practice collection of national and international examples:
Stadt Wien: Fassaden- & Vertikalbegrünung, Internationale & nationale Best-Practice-Beispiele (PDF)