Wildflower meadow as flowered area
Colourful diversity and pleasant buzzing and humming: This is what the flower meadow stands for, more than any other habitat. Be careful when choosing your seeds: The mixes available at DIY stores often only contain exotic and annual flowers. Besides: The lower in nutrients the soil is, the more diverse and species-rich will the meadow become. So: Get started and enjoy the bustling life that you will witness!
Tip: Add flower bulbs to your meadow. After all, seeing flowers pop up in early spring is wonderful.
The following collection of Internet links was selected as an example and does not claim to be complete.
- Choice of location and soil preparation for the creation of flowered areas; Advice on suitable and unsuitable areas:
Blühende Landschaft: Damit die Saat gut aufgeht (PDF)
- Transforming a lawn or new planting; care, list of varieties:
Rewisa Netzwerk: Merkblatt Blumenwiese (PDF)
- Video instructions for creating bee pastures on small and medium-sized areas:
Selbstversorger Rigotti: Bienenweide anlegen (youtube.com)
- Video instructions for creating a larger flower meadow with tractor and sowing machine:
Fibl: Anlegen einer Blumenwiese (youtube.com)
- Where & How - Transformation through transferring seeds and mowed material; meadow care, animal-friendly mowing:
UMG Umweltbüro Grabher: Blütenpracht statt Monotonie (naturtipps.at)
- Sources of supplies for regional meadow seeds:
Rewisa Netzwerk: Fachbetriebe naturnahes Grün - Pflanzenlieferanten (rewisa.at)
- Product database for soil, fertilizer, beneficial insects, herbicides etc., with a quality seal from “biologisch gärtnern”:
Die Umweltberatung: „biologisch gärtnern“ - Produktdatenbank(umweltberatung.at)
- Sources for supply with regional plant materials of proven origin (wild plant seeds, wild plants, and wild-growing trees for private and large-scale projects):
Rewisa Netzwerk: Fachbetriebe naturnahes Grün – Pflanzenlieferanten(rewisa.at)